Thursday, December 09, 2010

Other people think I'm funny too, you know.

I happen to think I'm hilarious. I laugh at all of my jokes. Other people even join in sometimes.

A few years ago, I had a fairly successful blog called Tailbone Lust. The majority of my posts there consisted of random funny stories from my everyday life. At the time I was just an insignificant, low-achieving high school student. I went on to become an insignificant, low-achieving community college student: two years of college and less than twenty credits to show for it.

There's another layer to that story. It was during that time that I met and fell in love with a boy. It was also during that time that I was finally able to get a hold of my chronic major depression through proper, professional treatment. I moved to Long Island to live with my boyfriend and I enrolled in yet another community college.

Let me bring you up to speed with where I am now. Tommy and I have been living together for two and a half years. I'm currently in a bachelors program for social work, with the intent to earn my masters, become a licensed clinical social worker, and have a private psychotherapy practice. Earlier today, I was silently practicing my valedictorian speech in front of my bedroom mirror, praising my fellow classmates for their perseverance in the face of adversity and applauding them for their desire to pass that courage on to their future clients.

Okay, fine. I just started that bachelors program this fall. I still have three semesters to go. I'm not valedictorian...yet.

6 comments:

  1. Do they really do the valedictorian thing at community college?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm at a big girl university now, Evangeline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You gotta keep me in the loop about these things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Panthea, I refuse to believe you were *ever* low achieving! Is this story a work of fiction?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, thank you. No, it's true! I dropped most of my classes during my first two years of college. I think I had a 2 point something GPA in high school.

    ReplyDelete