Monday, February 13, 2012

My roommate just texted me...from the other room.

It seems like everyone and their grandmother has unlimited text messaging these days. I don't. As a result, I don't send or respond to extraneous text messages. I have an example. Let's say you thank me in a text. That's very nice, so I respond with "You're welcome. :)" Don't respond with a smiley! You're welcome. :) does not require a reply! How about when people send paragraphs worth of text messages, one right after the other? If you have that much to say, don't you think you should call me? Text messages are a commodity!

Last Monday my friend Laura expressed how frustrated she was by my restricted texting. She offered to pay for me to get an upgraded text message plan! I thought this was a hilarious joke, but then I realized she was serious. Before taking her up on her generous offer, however, I needed to find out the catch. "Does this mean I have to respond to every single one of your texts?" I asked her. She confirmed my suspicion so I had to decline.


As the end of each billing period draws near, I check my text usage and remaining allotment. Imagine my surprise later that day when--just one week before my new billing cycle--I learned I had hundreds of unused texts! I immediately texted Laura.

Panthea: I have 500 texts to use before next Monday so fire away with the texts.
Laura (in separate messages): Yayyyyyy! Haha that
Laura: Makes
Laura: My
Laura: Day!!
Laura: :) he he he

On Friday I updated her on my messaging status.

Panthea: Hurry! I have 200 texts left until Sunday!
Laura: O sweet tell me about every detail of ur day so far

So I did. She loved it.

5 comments:

  1. that was great. wow you have 200 limit text left? i am texting you now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you get my text? why you dont answer? DAD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. Did you really text me? I didn't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is funny that now you can write a text using your voice. It is ironic that you could just call the person and tell them what you wanted to say. Isn't texting for situations when you need to be quiet like at night? Pretty soon they will come up with something that will text from our thoughts. Oh the mess that will put us in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel so special that I made into one of your blogs. I love being your person to waste text messages on ;) Love you booo!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete