Tuesday, September 18, 2012

I am amazing at self-care.

The nice man at the chocolate shop asked me how my day was going. "My day is why I need this," I replied, pointing at the truffles.

I selected four exquisite morsels of dark chocolate and watched as he gingerly packed them into the cutest, tiniest little box.

He pointed to a rainbow of silky ribbons behind the counter. "Would you like a bow?"

This isn't a gift, I thought to myself. They're just for me.

A smile spread over my face. "Yes. A pink ribbon, please."

  Lest you think that's all I ate tonight, let me correct you. I made sliced steak, mashed cauliflower, and mushroom gravy from scratch with the juices left over from a chicken I roasted last weekend.

Of course, dessert was the best part.

Every social work program will tell you that self-care is vitally important. Yeah... I take that advice very seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment