Thursday, December 16, 2010

It's hard to be productive at 6 AM.

I slept fitfully last night. (Haha. I would never use the word "fitfully" in person.) I kept waking up and wondering why I was awake. I gave up on sleep about an hour ago. As I walked out of the bedroom, I felt the need to do something productive. I had a mental dialogue with myself. "Shower? No, too loud." The shower's in our master bathroom. "Paint my nails? Ugh. I don't feel like waiting for them to dry." I'm usually sedentary but for some reason when I'm waiting for my nail polish to dry I suddenly get the urge to accomplish a thousand different tasks.

Upon entering the living room, I realized what I needed to do with this free time. "Vacuum!" You see the problem with this plan, right? Vacuuming at 6 AM? I quickly vetoed the vacuuming and moved on to plan B. "Sweep!" I proceeded to sweep the Pergo in the entryway, living room, dining room, and kitchen. I knew I wouldn't be able to clean the rugs with the broom, but after I finished sweeping the faux hardwood floors I tried it anyway. It didn't work. Sweeping the rug just scraped off all of the crap that had previously been stuck to the broom bristles. I guess it's a good way to clean brooms, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment