Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Complaint Department

I have three complaints for today.
1. Mother: You never reply to my emails. That's it, Ma. Your emails are going straight to my spam box from now on...until you reply to my last email with the video of the sneezing baby panda.

2. Most chain restaurants: When I ask for no bun on my burger, why do you take away my lettuce, tomato, pickles, and onions too?

3. NPR: I am so sick of your reports on the debt ceiling negotiations. (I crossed that out because everyone knows the government never negotiates anything.) Until August 2nd or until it's resolved, I don't care.

I'll balance out my complaints so as not to seem like a heartless jerk.
1. Salon: Thank you for rescheduling me with a different manicurist when I told you that I'm very picky about my French manicures. If I wanted a bad French, I'd do it myself.

2. World: I'm thankful that I have the luxury of being able to complain about such stupid things. There's a devastating famine in Somalia and here I am with a full belly and an upcoming nail appointment, complaining.

3. Flowers: Thank you for blooming in the small strip of woods between our condo and the golf course. I admire your beauty and perseverance every morning as I walk to my car. (Perseverance? Yes! Stay tuned for a blog entry about these flowers... Coming soon.)

6 comments:

  1. Daughter: Are you done complaining? Just for the record I will answer to every email you will send me from now on, if you answer your phone every time I cal, Deal or no deal? Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mother: It's okay. Forget about the sneezing baby panda.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha your moms comment made me laugh.. as did your blog -Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading your blog Panthea! You have such a way with words. I am often laughing hysterically when I read your blog, tears running down my face, almost peeing my pants laughing! Thank you so much for this blog!

    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, we should all think of how lucky we really are and quit our bitchin'. That being said , your complaints hit home and crack me up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Renee, advertise, advertise, advertise!!! Haha.

    ReplyDelete