Tuesday, July 12, 2011

It's a small world!

My dad is obsessed with soccer. He watches, plays, and used to coach soccer. He just gave me some interesting information about Ali Krieger, who plays for the United States women's national soccer team. Her name has been in the news after scoring the winning goal against Brazil this past Sunday.

Apparently, she's from Northern Virginia, where I grew up. My dad's best friend has two soccerphilic daughters who played against Ali when they were teenagers. Her father, John Krieger, used to coach soccer at a nearby high school. He and my dad competed when they played on opposing adult men's soccer teams.

Here's the most interesting thing my dad told me about Ali Krieger. "I punched her dad in the face once. He tackled me so I got up and I punched him."

My dad punched Ali Krieger's dad in the face. Small world!

1 comment:

  1. You should get that made into a bumper sticker. Sure trumps the "I'm the proud parent of an honor student" ones!

    ReplyDelete